Feeding a raw dog food diet is not a new concept. I know people who have been feeding raw food to generations of dogs. Feeding raw food only refers to feeding your dog a diet which completely excludes all commercial dog foods.
Commercial foods tend to contain a lot of ingredients that are not found naturally in your dog’s diet. These ingredients are difficult for your dog to digest and often manifest themselves as chronic problems such as ear infections or skin allergies. Commercial foods frequently contain pesticides which can be harmful to your pet. Artificial food colorings and flavorings are also added to most pet foods.
The health benefits of feeding raw are astounding. I’m going to list a few here:
- Naturally, cleans teeth and better smelling breath
- Less stool to pick up
- Cheaper than many commercial dog foods
- Better weight control
- Increased longevity
- Arthritis pain reduced
- Shinier coat
- More active and energetic dog
- Better weight control
- Skin allergies disappear
- Chronic ear infections vanish
These are just a some of the benefits. There are much more. The better overall health your pet will have translates into fewer trips to the vet. Many dogs with dog food allergies have benefited enormously from eating raw food and saved their owners huge dollars at the vet.
The cost of feeding raw is frequently less than many commercial foods. You can make your dog food in advance so that you will have meals on hand.
Raw food can be fed to your dog when they are puppies, active and young, seniors, pregnant, small dogs, large dogs, overweight, underweight, even pregnant dogs. Your pet can eat a raw dog food diet at all stages of their life. You can start feeding your pet a raw diet at any time of their life.
As we all realize the benefits of eating a more natural diet for ourselves, it’s time we start thinking of an all natural dog food for our four-legged friends. I have met a few people who are changing their eating habits to include more raw foods. By eating raw, we’re all getting more of the natural vitamins, minerals and live enzymes that are contained in our food. I’m sure we all agree that we want our pets to live as long as possible with the best quality of life. I firmly believe that this is the healthiest dog food for your dog.
Raw Dog Food: The Advantages
Raw dog food is one of the many options available to dog owners who are looking to feed their pets high-quality food. In recent years, controversy has surrounded this option. Should owners take the risks that are associated with feeding their raw dog food or do the advantages of the products outweigh the risks? If you are unaware of the advantages of raw food, continue reading. Perhaps this information can help you make an informed decision whether or not you should give your dog raw dog food.
Unless you prepare the food yourself, raw dog food will come frozen. Feeding your dog daily involves properly unthawing the products. But what benefits does it bring?
· Fewer allergies – Raw foods contain fewer chemicals than prepared or pet food products. Dogs are not likely to react to raw food unless they have trouble digesting specific types of meat. Raw meat does not contain artificial preservatives. It also does not contain “fillers.” Food without fillers is food that will provide a higher nutritional value. This is a huge advantage point of owners who are trying to find the best food for their dogs.
· Maintain healthier weight – Dogs who eat raw food tend to be at a healthier weight. They are seldom overweight. This is a great advantage for raw food. It proves that eating more protein and fewer carbohydrates (such as corn and grains found in dry dog food) leads to a healthier weight.
· A more natural diet – Researchers claim that raw food provides dogs with a more natural way of eating. Dogs are carnivores. Eating raw food allows them to more accurately identify with their surroundings. A more natural diet leads to fewer health problems when the dog is older.
· More energy – Dog owners who have given their dogs raw dog food claim that their pets had added energy for eating the raw food. If your dog is suffering from energy issues, you can certainly try this diet. Remember that dogs will react to food in different ways. What gives one dog added energy might make another dog sick. It will be a case of trial and error. Do not be afraid to try it.
Health hazards associated with raw dog foods must be taken into consideration when deciding on whether or not to feed it to your pet. Research the food to discover how it can negatively impact your dog. With this said, raw dog food does have many advantages. This is especially true if your dog is struggling with food allergies from prepared food. It can help him maintain a healthy weight, give more energy, and is a natural diet for your pet. With only a few options of frozen raw food available for purchase, choosing a brand should not be difficult. Choose food that works best for your dog.